Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kindle and Badongo are not curse words

I just read two articles about Amazon's Kindle. Don't think I want one. It is light weight and portable and is improved over the original. However, like one of the authors said, there is just something about holding that book in your hand. And it is not helpful for research and working in multiple texts at one time. It does seem that the future for Kindle looks bright if it could be made cheap and durable enough for students to use. Time will tell.

Badongo is a free place to store and share files. I am not having success with this so I am going to try Zshare later.

We read about visual media this morning. I really enjoyed the article I read about doing a photo project that brought the family in on the learning. This focused on what families value and teach their kids. I see possibilities for my classroom, as my students are all Latino. Their parents trust the school and respect the teacher as the authority. I have always struggled with parent involvement and this might be a way to encourage that. Just an idea. The challenge is to find ways that learning can draw from real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment