Thursday, July 30, 2009

MM and RSS

Movie Maker has been frustrating. I don't feel confident at all using it, but I did make a 43 second video with title and credits. Judging from the comments around me, others are having difficulty as well. Simultaneous video and audio is not automatic. Movies would be great for filming skits and interviews in class. Irrelevant or lengthy video could be cut out.

Pageflakes site is down so I can not yet experiment with RSS. I did watch the Common Craft video about RSS and thought I understood. Then when I went to the NPR site and my iGoogle site, I was clueless. I find this happens a lot!! The Common Craft video compared RSS to Netflix and that makes total sense. I look forward to having an RSSS to all my favorite sites. On my pageflake that is public, I could subscribe to certain sites for class use!

We also explored Webspiration this morning. I am able to use Inspiration at school so the tools are the same. When we get our epals set up we could possibly do some brainstorming with kids across the ocean using Webspiration. I spent some time looking at epals.com last night and they offer great tools that I cannot wait to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment